Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Vanessa lives!

Jimmie called this afternoon to tell me Vanessa was finished.  I couldn't believe it since he had told me Thursday he didn't expect her to be done until Monday (many thanks to Eion for overnighting the parts Jimmie needed. Once again Eion was there for us when we needed him.)

Vanessa's rear bearings were shot and that's what was causing the noise,  so those have been replaced.  Jimmie also replaced the rear transaxles, fixed the last coolant leak,  replaced all four wheel adapters (they were, in the words of Jimmie, "wallered out"), cleaned the headlights, and reattached bumper trim.  And he washed the van. 

So I took her out for a test drive and she runs better than ever.   Quiet and smooth.   No more ker-klunk coming from her backside. Yippee!
So now we can depart as soon as John gets back from Chicago, likely Tuesday morning.
Many many many thanks to Jimmie and his wonderful wife Ruthie.  I don't think there is another mechanic within 500 miles of Lexington who could have done what he did, and he's a terrific guy too.  But my vanagon insanity is infectious.   Now Jimmie wants one too!  And I'm going to help him find one.

2 comments:

  1. what you say? You crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour et Bonne Route! Glad you got things fixed and back on the road. I thought you were going to have to roast Vanessa as the Holiday Turkey! Back in Seattle - Pablo

    ReplyDelete