Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

3 dogs tired! John blogging

The drive from Canyonlands National Park to Telluride was beautiful! The millions of stars last night were like nothing I have ever seen, then at 6 am with the sun up  the monument rocks just turned a beautiful orange red.


Well Mark wouldn't let me take a pic of him tired, unshaved and no shower, but here's how tired the dogs are:


After 3 days of camping -certainly not glamping- we hit Telluride.



I was thinking we would stay at a mountain resort and spaaaaaa, but practical Mark said let's stay in town so here we are in town.  Instead my spa was a 30 minute shower at the hotel!  And after camping for three days I'm sure I would have been arrested walking thru town without a shower.


It's been 20 ys since I've been here. Then it was a ski town with a Film festival. Now there are more real estate offices and million dollar condos. 


It is still a cute town, set in a very steep slope setting.


but pretty difficult to get to. It is very dog friendly!  Check out this restaurant recommendation :


We got here  just pre season- but the town is gearing up. No snow but it is COLD! 


Mark was a saint and did laundry while I walked the town (ok,shopped!) I got only a cha tea latte, some super glue for Venessa, and an orange juice squeezer for Fll!

We are going for some Thai food tonight- enough of the camping food.

Poppy doesn't like the hotel pillows, so she decided to bring her own!


No comments:

Post a Comment