Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Famous potatoes

After a momentous evening camping in the van (momentous because I finally beat John at scrabble) we awoke at 5:30 while it was still pitch dark.  The campground had no facilities so I showered using water heated on the stove,  but John refused. I think he was still sore cuz he lost at scrabble and he wanted me to suffer in the van all day.
The sunrise on the road was beautiful, and so was Idaho.

We drove highway 95 south along the Nez Perce trail while following the Salmon River and then continued on highway 55.  We had a strong westerly wind so it was difficult to keep Vanessa on the straight and narrow.   But the scenery was gorgeous. 




A quick drive thru the capital Boise, home of that toe tappin' Senator Larry Craig.  We didn't see him, but then again we don't frequent the same joints.

Tonight we are cheating by staying in a Best Western in Mountain View, Idaho so John can take a hot shower, and for that I'm grateful.  We drove a short section of interstate to get here from Boise, and the speed limit was 80/mph.  I got Vanessa up to 122km/hr, faster than John.   She performed flawlessly.

p.s.  I've tallied the final cost of Vanessa's makeover, but we will take guesses until we announce the winner the day we roll into Fort Lauderdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment